Solo travel is awesome. It’s terrifying. It’s refreshing. It’s exhilarating. It’s the best thing you can do for yourself.
The great thing about solo travel is that it doesn’t have to mean taking off on an epic round-the-world journey to 30 countries. It can be as low-key as taking an overnight journey to the county / state / province next door, or as intense as several months of adventure across continents (or something in between).
So why should you take the plunge and go solo? We’ve got nine reasons for you.
1. You don’t have to listen to anyone else. You make your own decisions, so if you want to sit on a bench in a square and watch life go by for three hours, you don’t have to worry about your travel companion not wanting to do it.
4. You can hit up the geekiest museum or the weirdest gallery and not have to fight your travel companion, who just wants to shop on the high street.
5. ….or you can shop on the high street to your heart’s content, and not feel like a culture slacker for not visiting a single museum.
6. If you want to stop at every single corner and take a hundred photos, there’s no one stopping you.
7. No one is judging you if you want to eat six meals in one day.
8. You have to figure things out on your own. It’s a great way to test your resourcefulness and courage. Not sure how to use the metro? Try to sort it out on your own, or ask a local!
9. You get to spend some quality time with the person who matters most: you!
So whether you take a five-hour train ride to the next state or a 15-hour plane ride across the world, just remember: solo travel is awesome.
Originally posted on Urban Adventures.